Sandwell in Brief:
- About Sandwell: Sandwell is a Metropolitan Borough formed in 1974, and is one of seven authorities that makes up the West Midlands conurbation.
- Population: 309,000 (Jun'11).
- Ethnicity: 65.8% of the population are White British, 34.2% are from other ethnic groups (Mar'11)).
- Health: Life expectancy is 76.8 years for men and 81.3 for women (2009/11).
- Unemployment: 6.3% of the working age population claim Job Seekers Allowance (Aug'13).
- Housing: Sandwell has 127,072 dwellings and 121,498 households (Mar'11).
- Environment: Area of 8,600ha, of which 15.2% is parks or open space (2005).
- Read more facts and figures
Topic Pages: Topic pages include a selection of relevant data. Only selected topics can be accessed directly from the homepage. Use the Topic Page search to find others available.
Topic pages contain a selection of information